Why does it seem that February, the shortest month of the year, always seems so long!?!
Actually, the entire month wasn't so bad; it's just got clouded with kind of a pretty rotten ending. I guess that's why these recaps are so important. To keep me a little grounded and help remember the good times.
February started out with the best thing ever - a fantastically surprising PR at the Big Game 5k.
Here are a few more highlights from the month:
I convinced a co-worker to Runch with me one afternoon. We were going to make it a more regular thing, but so far, we've only gone the one time.
I tried out a fun Toning Ballet class at Pole Fitness Studio using my ClassPass.
I read more in February than I have in a very long time!
I fell into a funk the past week or so. :(
February Goal Recap
- Bike commute at least 4 times - Only made it 2 1/2 times, which I'm still happy about - considering it had been MONTHS since I'd last biked in.
- Run at least 35 miles - So close! I think I made it 29+ miles, but then this funk hit me like a ton of bricks, and running took a backseat.
- Take 3 yoga classes - Total failure with this one. Not even a single yoga class was taken. Not even a yoga video at home.
- Complete the Flab Free February challenge with Tera at Girl Gone Healthy - I did really well with this for the first 19 days of the month, and then, well, that stupid funk. :(
- Gain 50 Pinterest followers - Only gained 23, but I didn't really take the time to actually focus on this like I wanted to.
- Read at least 2 books - Winner, winner, chicken dinner!!! I actually read 3 books in February - 2 on my own and 1 with Jeff. :-)
Goals with Jeff Recap
- Monthly date night - Didn't happen in February. I know, I know. The month with Valentine's Day AND Jeff's birthday, and we didn't manage to get out of the house together. Unless you count the crazy walk to RedBox on Saturday.
- Read 12 books - Finished book #2. Whoo hoo! We didn't think we were going to, but then we surprised ourselves by finishing a few days early. We even got a jump start on book #3.
- Buy a house - It's with a little bit of sadness that we've decided to remove this as one of our 2015 goals. Sometimes life has other ideas, and plans have to change. So instead of buying a house, we signed a new 13-month lease at our current apartment.
Yeah. It's going to be a bit of a Do Over month.
What was your best highlight from February?
What are your March goals?