Here's how I can earn points each week:
1 Point per mile (run/walk)
1 Point per 3 miles biked
1 Point per 20 minutes of weight lifting, Pilates, yoga, stretching or abs
1 Point per 15 minutes of low impact cardio (i.e. low impact aerobics, easy biking, skiing, skating, water aerobics, snow shoeing)
1 Point per 10 minutes of high impact cardio (i.e.spinning, kickboxing, lap swimming)
1 Per day where you reach a minimum of 7 servings of fruits and veggies (here are details on what is a serving)
I'd like to do a brief recap here each week. Since I missed week 1, here's a recap from both weeks.
11/19: 0 points
- Studied all day for MTLE on Monday morning
- Same as Saturday
- Weights - 20 min
- Elliptical/Stairmaster - 30min
- No real good reason. :(
- Walked 1.1 mile
- Walked 1 mile - had to pick up / drop off the car
- Turkey Day 5K - ran with a friend from high school. So. Much. Fun! (and crazy crowded)
- Ran 2 miles
Challenge Total: 12.1
11/26: 0 points
- Skipped my run. Went to a wine tasting with my stepmom, sister, and brother's girlfriend. Well worth it. :)
- Ran 7.25 miles - Very pleasant run spent listening to the radio. Quite enjoyable, in fact.
- I can't even remember what happened this day.
- Ran 3.9 miles of hills on the treadmill. Was very tough!
- Ran 2.1 miles outside. The weather has been so pleasant!
- Cycled for 30 min. Slowly. While attempting to read. Not very successfully.
- Ran 4 miles on the treadmill. Attempted speedwork.
Challenge Total: 34.35
Where I'm really falling short is the fruits/veggies part of the challenge. I really struggle to eat nutritiously. Hopefully this will improve once school is finished, but right now it would be a real challenge for me to even eat 3 servings a day, let alone 7. That seems like an incredible amount to me.
What tips do you have for incorporating fruits/vegs into your diet? How are you battling the heaviest eating season of the year?