I don't know if it's because I've been out of work for awhile.
Or because I'm getting older.
Or because my husband keeps some unusual hours.
But, I'm becoming less and less routine-dependent. I've become a bit more spontaneous and go-with-the-flow.
Today, Fitness Cheerleader asks us about our pre and post workout routines. As you can imagine, I don't really have much of what I call a routine when it comes to this.
If I'm going for a run,
- I map my route
- Fill my water bottle or CamelBack
- Make sure I've got what I need - earphones, snack, sweat rag, etc
- Walk to the major intersection (about 1/4 mile) as a warm-up
If I'm working out at home,
- I decide on a workout (video, list of exercises, workout routine on my phone, etc)
- Grab a sweat rag and my 1L water bottle
- Get to it
Like I said, there's really not much to it. I should probably do more, but I don't.
After I've finished running or working out, I
fight the urge record my activity on Dailymile. Sometimes, I'll take the time to stretch. Shower. Resume whatever activity I was either doing before working out or need to do now that I'm finished.
Are you a routine person? What are you pre and post workout routines?
Are you on DailyMile?Tweet