Thursday, November 14, 2013

I've made a decision.

I'm going to run on Saturday.

This morning, I went out for a short run to see how my legs were doing after a weekend of icing, massaging, and rolling plus 3 more days of rest.

There was NO pain!! Yay!

Still, I wasn't sure if I should risk running. I wanted to wait a few hours to see if any pain started later in the day.

To be honest, there has been some twitchy-ness. Not pain per se, but also not 100%. I'm still not real confident in my decision to run, but I want to do it.

So, I'm taking the risk.

Sort of.

I've downgraded to a 10K. I figure that might be a bit safer and less risk of having to make another difficult decision in a few weeks when it's marathon time.

My new Procompression socks are waiting in my mailbox at home (according the USPS tracking info). I figure I'll wear them tonight and on the drive to the race Saturday morning. Since I've never run wearing compression socks, I don't think I'll wear them during the race. I'll use them for recovery instead.

Please keep your fingers and toes crossed for me and stay tuned for a recap after the race.

Who else is racing this weekend?
Anyone coming to Vegas for Rock and Roll?

Twitter → @EnjoytheCourse
Instagram → enjoyingthecourse
Facebook → EnjoyingtheCourse
Google+ → Enjoying the Course
Pinterest → clarindad