Happy Friday! Who's ready for the weekend? I know I am!!
I've been running like crazy lately. :) Well, crazy for me. Crazy good, of course. I've got a few running things on my mind, so I thought I'd share them all with you in one quick little post.
1. Running partners. You all know how I sometimes run with my little dog Sallie. She always excited to join me and wants to go out every time I lace up my shoes, but this past week, I had a new favorite partner to join me - JEFF! He started running a bit with our neighbor and joined me for 2 miles once this week. I'm excited to start logging more miles with him.
I also joined a Twitter friend for a trail run last weekend (and maybe tomorrow). We'd never run together, and it was fun to meet up with George for a loop at Red Rock.
2. Running Story. One morning last week, I was out for my morning run. As I passed by the Convention Center, a little old security guard got my attention to say, "If he wants you to look good, he should be out here with you." That totally made me laugh. And when I told Jeff about it a few days later, he thought it was the funniest thing. Definitely blog worthy. Ha!
3. Running Shoes. I'm starting to feel like a real runner. Check out this pile of shoes. And this is just what I've left in the living room. :)
4. Running Goal. You might recall that one of my goals for 2014 is to run a sub-25 min 5k. I've got a lot of work to do! My plan at the beginning of the year was to incorporate speed work into my training. I've decided to define that a little bit more. I'm hoping to do a tempo run at least 2x each month, starting in March. Each month, I'll increase my minimum tempo pace by 15 secs, so by Dec, my tempo pace will be 8'00". For March, my goal tempo pace is 10'15". Yesterday was my first tempo run of the month, and I blew this goal out of the water with an average pace of 9'22". If I can keep this up, I'll be looking good for this 2014 goal. :)
5. Running Link. Before my tempo run yesterday, I tested out this quick pre-run yoga routine over at Oiselle. I think it really helped to loosen me up for a great run. Try it out!
I'm linking up with Jill today for Fitness Fridays. Go check out how everyone else is celebrating fitness today.