Good morning! It's FRIDAY!
And I think that summer is officially HERE! I know most people think of Memorial Day weekend as the unofficial start to summer, but I think more when school is out - even though I'm no longer in school.
With summer, comes travel. At least I like to pretend. :) We don't really have too many travel plans on the agenda the year, but a girl can dream.
And be prepared.
1. Go for a Walk. Whether traveling for business or pleasure, try exploring the area by foot. Walk to the museum or beach, shopping or business meeting, instead of hailing a cab or renting a car. Wherever you go, walking allows you to really see the area better. You might even stumble upon something unexpected. You never know.
2. Eat healthy. It's far too easy to let your healthy eating habits slip while traveling. If possible, pack some of your own healthy snacks. Do research beforehand on healthy eating options close to where you will be staying.
3. Look for Unique Opportunities to Workout. Maybe the city you are traveling to has some unique fitness classes that you could sneak in. Here in Vegas you could learn to pole dance at Stripper 101 or try some anti-gravity yoga at Shine Fitness. When people think of Vegas, fitness is not often the first thing that comes to mind, but there is actually a lot to do here to stay healthy, but I think that's could be a whole post on its own.
4. Take advantage of your hotel. Many hotels offer at least some type of fitness center. Use it. :) Or at the very least do some yoga in your room. Yoga is awesome in that it's a great workout, and doesn't take up a lot of space or require a lot of equipment.
5. Go for a run. I can't write a post about staying fit without including my favorite fitness activity! Don't forget to pack your running shoes! If you're traveling for business, try catching the sunrise with a morning run to get your day off to a great start. If you're traveling for pleasure, be sure to incorporate some run time into your daily plans. I know I always try to schedule at least one run - even when I went to Catalina Island last month for my cousin's wedding.
Where will you be traveling this summer?
What are you favorite tips for staying fit while traveling?
I'm linking up with Jill today for Fitness Fridays.
Go check out how everyone else is celebrating fitness today.