Recipe #2 is perfect for those cold, winter nights. Even if cold is only in the 40s here in Vegas, it's cold enough for me to want to wrap up in a blanket with a hot beverage and watch a movie.
Cocogo's Hot Wassail topped with Salted Caramel
|picture courtesy of Cocogo|
Calories per serving: 89 (non-alcoholic)Ingredients
- 3 stick packs Lemon Lime Cocogo
- 3 stick packs Raspberry Passion Fruit Cocogo
- 1/8 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp Ground Cloves
- 1/8 tsp Ground Allspice
- 2 1/2 cups Water
- 1/2 cup Water or Rum
- 4 sticks Cinnamon Sticks (for garnish)
- 8 Tbsp Whipped Cream
- 4 tsp Salted Caramel Topping
- Combine dry ingredients in a medium saucepan and add water. Stir.
- On medium heat, bring to a simmer. Add additional water or rum and stir.
- Serve in mugs. Garnish each mug with a cinnamon stick. Top with whipped cream and drizzle salted caramel topping over the whipped cream.
37 years old, and I don't think I've ever actually had a true wassail before, so I was excited to try this recipe out. It says it's traditional with a twist, so I'm not sure how it compares to a traditional wassail. I will tell you it is a little on the sour side. Jeff likes his drinks sweet, so he wasn't a big fan of this.
We tried it without the rum, because all of our rums are flavored, and I wanted to test this as close to the original recipe as possible. Not sure if rum would have cut any of the sour. Hmmm.
The whipped cream and caramel topping were a nice contrast (for me) with the sourness of the actual drink, but I had to finish Jeff's for him. Maybe it was a good thing I left out the rum. LOL.
Have you ever tried wassail?
As a Cocogo Ambassador, I have the pleasure of giving you a promo code to enjoy 10% off your order at the Cocogo store. Just enter code ENJOYINGTHECOURSE (code must be in all caps) during checkout. Enjoy!