I haven't been as good at blogging since I started ultra training. I've been pretty tired and sore and focused on training.
But since I'm home from work today and came across this quote, I thought it was perfect for this week's Friday Five 2.0.
With Valentine's Day coming up next week, it's no surprise that this week's topic for Friday Five 2.0 is Love.
Five+ Ways to Love Yourself
1. Take a rest day. That's what I'm doing today. I'm looking forward to doing absolutely nothing today, with a nap or two sprinkled in.
2. Go outside. Soak up some Vitamin D. Take a hike or go for a run. Or simply sit in a park and read a book.
3. Have a spa day. If you can, go to an actual spa. Or, if you're a penny pincher, like me, have a DIY spa day. Soak your feet in warm water with Epsom salt. Take a bubble bath with your favorite music and candlelight. Paint your nails.
4. Make a list of things that make you happy. Reminding yourself of what makes you happy will feel like a big hug and certainly make you feel loved. Back in 2013, I made such a list. It still makes me smile.
5. Laugh. They say laughter is the best medicine, and I tend to agree. Laughter can make you feel all warm and fuzzy.
Plus. Do Yoga! We hold so much emotion in our tight muscles, and releasing it is a great way to give yourself some love. Even if you're not very good at yoga, or don't consider yourself a yogi, take some time to stretch. Or have a date with a foam roller.
Now I'm off to relish in my rest day. And maybe do a couple other things on this list.
Be sure to stop by Running on Happy and Fairytales and Fitness to see what everyone else is loving on today.